Things you should know before fixing your lawn
There is nothing that gives more pleasure to our eyes than to get home and see that our garden has a beautiful, uniform and green grass, well cut and well taken care of.
To keep our home in perfect shape, the preparation of the ground before establishing the lawn is essential for the grass to thrive and look in all its glory but with the passage of time and depending on the use that is given, the lawn may show signs of depletion.
We are all aware that installing and taking care of the lawn so that it looks like a postcard is quite tedious, and sometimes we hire the services of an expert or someone special to do the task, but we do not have many results, to the point that we think that Having a green lawn is an almost impossible mission.
These damages can be remedied taking into account the following aspects:
- The appearance and condition of the lawn in spring and summer will depend a lot on the maintenance and care received during the previous period.
- In areas that have been a little poor grass or where there were many weeds, you must remove the topsoil, dig the soil well, add a substratum fertilized and level with the rest of the meadow. Next it will be necessary to sow seeds of the variety that predominates in the grass, cover them with the same substrate and water.
- If there is a hole, it will be necessary to carefully raise the piece of grass, fill the hole with fertilized substrate mixed with river sand and compact the soil maintaining the level with the rest of the land. Next, place the piece of grass removed or a new one.
- The holes in the lawn cause the accumulation of rainwater or irrigation in these areas, with the consequent and more than possible development of diseases and decay.
- Lack of irrigation, flooding, animal urine or excessive heat can make grass yellow. The use in spring of a fast action fertilizer after cutting, helps to recover the color of the lawn. If you add a second application of fertilizer in autumn, the growth of the lawn in the following spring will start with much more vigor. If you water the necessary times, especially in summer and you avoid the use by animals that can urinate and damage the land, the lawn should not yellow.